:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Vagrant install OS…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan Vagrant install OSX
On 23/02/16 09:14, Wim wrote:
> Hi List,
>

> I've tried to install Devuan on Vagrant/OSX Mavericks. The default
> instructions from Vagrant and a lot of how-to's on the net seem to work,
> but I end up with an error:

> Failed to connect to mirror.debianfork.org
> <http://mirror.debianfork.org> port 80: Connection refused

> Is this host temporarily down for maintenance? Are the instructions wrong?

That's definitely wrong. Mirrors are either packages.devuan.org or
CC.mirror.devuan.org where CC is your 2 letter country code.

> However, the install instructions from http://debianfork.org/, do work.
> Just one gotcha, you have to install Vagrant from an admin account on
> OSX, or you end up with a completed, but non functional Vagrant, giving
> an error:

> A Vagrant environment or target machine is required to run this
>
> command. Run `vagrant init` to create a new Vagrant environment. Or,
>
> get an ID of a target machine from `vagrant global-status` to run
>
> this command on. A final option is to change to a directory with a
>
> Vagrantfile and to try again.

> However, once I exit Devuan and exit the Terminal, and try "Vagrant up"
> again, the error above returns.
>
> Any insights?

I don't grok vagrant. But it sounds like because your vagrant instance
is being setup as the admin user it will require the admin user to run
the instance. Perhaps install vagrant as admin and then grant your
regular user permissions to run vagrant so you can access your instance.

> Oh, and thanks for all the great work!

Your welcome, keep testing and spread the word.