:: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad according to Mark Twain
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:

[...]

> Over a year ago, on my systemd debating page, I wrote a section on
> debating Poettering himself, and that section refers heavily to the
> video you mention:
>
> http://troubleshooters.com/linux/systemd/debating.htm#debating_poettering

Hmm ... the way to debate people who simply cook up whatever bullshit
suits them is "You don't" as that's a hopeless quest: Refuting bullshit
usually takes some amount of research and will end up in a complicated
statement someone who isn't an expert in the subject matter likely won't
understand (and if that someone was such an expert, he wouldn't have
fallen for the BS in the first place). Bullshit can also be taylored to
the preferences of an audience while statements of fact can't, hence,
the audience will usually like the BS (and the guy who utilizes it)
better. Lastly, this is an eternal uphill battle because someone who
isn't overly concerned with technical accuracy and logic can cook up
more bullshit much faster than it could be refuted.