:: [DNG] missing driver stops alpha4-i…
Top Pagina
Auteur: TN
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] missing driver stops alpha4-i386 netinst
    When running the alpha4 install for my x686, it displays the error, "e100/d101m_ucode.bin nonfree driver missing" and invites me to install it from a floppy. But the installation continues and downloads the installation programs it needs, stopping before setting up users to again request the missing driver. A quick search suggests that this bug was fixed in 2009 with the 2.6.31-12.39 kernel (see, for example, https:launchpad.net/bugs/439456/bug.atom). If this was fixed years ago, perhaps the fix might also be applied to the devuan net install?
    Two other install matters, by the way: 1) the SHA256SUMS file seems not to have been updated since alpha2; and 2) selecting ftp for the downloading protocol prompts for a (unknown to me) mirror address, whereas selecting the http protocol provides a choice of mirrors.

        TN