:: Re: [DNG] missing driver stops alph…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Florian Zieboll
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] missing driver stops alpha4-i386 netinst
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 15:36:26 -0600
TN <thaddeus.nielsen@???> wrote:

>     When running the alpha4 install for my x686, it displays the
> error, "e100/d101m_ucode.bin nonfree driver missing" and invites me
> to install it from a floppy.

Debian does not include proprietary (non-free) software and I don't
know about the current state of the discussion regarding such firmware
in Devuan installers. Nevertheless, here's a link on where to get the
firmware and how to provide it to the installer:
https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware#Firmware_during_the_installation

> But the installation continues and downloads the installation
> programs it needs, stopping before setting up users to again request
> the missing driver.

These basic components are probably stored on the installer itself,
depending on which type you are using.

NB: As a workaround you could use a supported (USB) network adapter for
the installation and activate the non-free repository. Later, install
the "firmware-linux-nonfree" package, which includes the e100/d101m
driver - then you can switch back to your primary NIC.

Florian