著者: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Never say that again: was Debian is endorsed by Microsoft
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 02:16:22AM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 19:44:54 +0000, Rainer wrote in message
> <87powmdcy1.fsf@???>:
>
> > Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:
> > > On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:42:59 +0100

> > > The preceding half sentence is one example of something that should
> > > NEVER appear in any Devuan venue. Ever.
> > >
> > > A post like that is likely to anger half the world's population,
> >
> > I was on and off thinking whether or not I should write someone about
> > this because it annoyed me but couldn't quite think of what. Since
> > someone else now did: Speaking on behalf of half of the population of
> > the world is a little hyped up (got that from a dictionary and have no
> > idea about its connotations), however, a comment like the original one
> > above is entirely appropriate when describing a would-be price cow on
> > an agricultural fair and quite out of place in any other context:
> > It's a piece of information about the person who wrote it nobody
> > asked for (or should be interested in or should be forced to take
> > note of).
>
> ..either way, just by being "anti-systemd", we _are_ "politically
> incorrect." The bigger fish runs 3 letter type parties and ditto
> agencies. Even if Steve is all right on Karen, she's still a small
> fish in this game, if my Groklaw etc experience is worth anything.

I hadn't realised that systemd issue had become a matter of offending a
significant fraction of the general population. I really thought it ws
still a technical issue and something that some powerful forces were
pushing. Political dissent has never to my knowledge been an issue of
political correctness. Insulting people that are in a denigrated
community, however, is.

-- hendrik