:: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer…
Author: Simon Hobson
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer/laptop.
Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:

> They can request a refund before activating the
> license, but will actually receive a smaller amount of
> money than they spent, if some at all at all.

I recall reading how one person, after a fight to get anything, got much more !
This isn't the case I was thinking of, but came up while searching :
http://www.techworld.com.au/article/414500/lenovo_ordered_pay_1920_making_french_laptop_buyer_pay_windows_too/

In the case I was thinking of, the guy got back the cost of a retail copy of Windows from the same shop - on the basis that they didn't have any lower priced option, and refused to reveal/provide any evidence of what the actual cost of the OEM version was. IIRC it was something like $195 or $295 !

So play your cards right, and be prepared to fight your corner rather than accept what the shop tells you, and you could get more back than you expected.