:: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer/laptop
Le 26/01/2016 23:40, Robert Storey a écrit :
> With desktop computers, it's not too hard to find one with FreeDos
> installed by default, or no OS. Linux usually works fine on these
> machines.

     I've seen that few years ago on some machines I bought for my job.
I bet it was Dell Poweredge servers. Dell likes to have its own OS
installed for maintenance purpose. If you don't care the maintenance,
you can overwrite it, but why not dual boot? Maybe they offer that on
laptops. Actually, if you buy a Dell computer "without OS", it certainly
means "with FreeDOS".

     Didier