:: Re: [DNG] Readable code; making cod…
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Readable code; making code more easily writable; Emacs, multifiles-apmod; VUE; Code Bubbles; Lisp; Inform 7; HyperCard and HyperTalk - was Re: "Common knowledge?"-question
Apollia <apollia112@???> writes:

[...]

> I think if I ever did code much in C, my code would end up looking very
> unusual and unconventional to many people, because I often like to use
> long, descriptive names for functions and variables, no matter what
> language I'm using, even Bash.

This style isn't really uncommon for people used to IDEs doing
identifier auto-completion. But that's not only a bitch to work with
without it but also difficult to read because of the sheer verbosity of
the text. Eg, using an identifier

combined-list-of-files-in-all-source-folders

doesn't really communicate more than 'all-files' or even just 'all' (if
the files is evident from the context) would.