:: Re: [DNG] Slackware now uses PulseA…
Author: dev1fanboy
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Slackware now uses PulseAudio...
I think alsa offers lower latency/jitter over OSS, hence why it was popular.

It's sad to see OSS gone completely now I think about it, with alsa misconfiguring drivers every time a hdmi capable device is being used. I also remember not needing many userland tools to use it, so it had that going for it too. Mostly hindsight though because I didn't think to question things then.