:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Author: chaosesqueteam
To: Rainer Weikusat
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian - Please keep tradition
Please keep to the traditional Linux way and keep /usr/ etc as is.
This shouldn't even be a debate.

Devuan's reason to _BE_ is to not go along with the way Systemd/Linux
is being pulled but to stay what Debian was before the coup:
Gnu/Linux.

Gnu/Linux always had /usr/

Retraining our minds from what we learnt is not what Devuan is about.
If Devuan is to succeed it must be what Debian _was_ and not be pulled
with the river.

That means: security (bastille, crypto disks), familiarity (/etc/init.d,
/usr/),
and stability.

And above all: stubbornness against change not inline with *nix
tradition.
Building on the solid foundation that was Gnu/Linux,
not razing the house to the ground and starting anew.

Fork everything if need be, piece by piece (copy on write). I said you'd
have to do it anyway. The progressives will to infect every piece of
userland
(and maybe the kernel too) they can, so as pieces fall to them it must
be forked.