:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian - Please keep tradition
Subject: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
Roger Leigh <rleigh@???> writes:
> On 03/01/2016 14:23, Edward Bartolo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> People don't understand: it is bad to manage their own OS. That is the
>> work for EXPERTS who know BETTER. Users should only be allowed to move
>> the mouse, click its cool buttons, and sometimes use DVDs (CDs) to run
>> recovery software. Other than that, it is bad management.
>>
>> [/sarcasm]
>
> Sorry, but I don't understand the point you're trying to make here and
> how it relates in any way to what I wrote.

I might have a computer with two disks, one being rather small and slow
and the other newer and faster. But for 'historical reasons', I have a /
filesystem on the 'old' disk. So, who decided that I shouldn't use the
second one in any way I see fit because that's inconvenient *for him*?

NB: I did have this exact setup until I bought a new computer last year.