:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 05:06:43PM +0100, John Hughes wrote:
> On 18/12/15 16:51, Mitt Green wrote:
>
> > I previously thought that Devuan aim was to remove
> >*any* of systemd components.
>
> Funny, I thought Devuan was about choice.

Indeed, both are true. Devuan is about choice. Since Debian is quite
clearly providing the allternative of using systemd, the main effort
here is to provide tha lternative of not using systemd. The main part
of that effort is to remove systemd.

I think there are no serious objections to making systemd truly
optional, except for the severe limitation of manpower. That
trumps everything, and we leave the option of using systemd for Debian
to work on.

That's how I see it.

-- hendrik