:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Author: Mitt Green
To: John Hughes
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
John Hughes <john@???> wrote:

>The only "hype" about libsystemd0 was
>from LKCL who came up with a strange plan to remove it by replacing
>libsystemd0 by a library that would dynamically load libsystemd0,

>probably called lib-not-quite-libsystemd0.

No, the actual work on packages that remove libsystemd0 dependency.
I've done quite of it for my machine. Notable examples include
angband repositories apart from Devuan's own. Adam made a big
base removing the dependency.

Systemd dependency itself is not big, only things related
to its development, dbus-user-session and init system.

>Funny, I thought Devuan was about choice.

A choice not to use systemd at all.

Cheers,

Mitt