:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Author: Mitt Green
To: Rainer Weikusat, John Hughes
CC: Dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Devuan's goal: was Our friendly community
Subject: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
>is nothing but "systemd support code added to some
>package".

If it is so, why there is so much hype about it?
I previously thought that Devuan aim was to remove
*any* of systemd components. Does that mean that
we *should*‎ care of this dependency?

As far as I see libsystemd0 is only a shared library.
Why should it provide features that I don't use?
It's like buying a pick-up lorry to drive it in an urban area.

Then why pushing it everywhere where it is unnecessary?
Let then people decide whether to use it or not.

The same thing applies to libpulse and libselinux.

May gods bless this packaging system.

Mitt