:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Author: KatolaZ
To: Mitt Green
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 11:09:46AM +0000, Mitt Green wrote:

> KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>

> >Just a simple question: how are the BSD folks dealing with those>dependencies in the ports? I beliebe there will never be a running
> >libsystemd0 under FreeBSD, for instance. It might be a good idea to
> >"re-port" the ports back into devuan, if you see what I mean...
>

> The problem is Debian'ish. Package libsystemd0 exists here only,
> others have to install full systemd. Or do they have to?
>
> Package maintainers made all these dependencies; you can easily
> (well, not really) compile GNOME3 if you use sort of "no-systemd" flags,
> I believe they have this option.

Sure, but you would agree that rebuilding an increasing number of
infected packages in Devuan from upstream would mean a great deal of
unnecessary work...

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]