:: Re: [DNG] alternative to raspbian w…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] alternative to raspbian without systemd
Le 12/12/2015 23:51, Gregory Nowak a écrit :
> Thanks for confirming that all it
> takes to do second stage is in fact a kernel which matches the arch.

     This is exactly my point.

     I did this only once, ~10 years ago and this is how I bootstrapped
my first install of Linux on an embedded Powerpc. I have a doubt though
since the method I gave in my previous mail implies to have a shell
interpreter available. Maybe I rather told the kernel to run
'debootstrap --second-stage' right away. There isn't a bootloader on the
boards I use, and I had to hardcode the init path in the kernel.

> So the most likely cause of the problem I think was that I didn't
> have agetty running on ttyAMA0.

     I am not sure this is an issue at this early stage, since
debootstrap (and the shell, if possible) can run from the console.

     HTH :)
                         Didier