:: Re: [DNG] top posting,? was: Re: D…
Author: greg
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] top posting,? was: Re: Debianising my
On 2015-12-12 23:10, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> I am however not
> aware of any screen reader which has the ability to skip the speaking
> of a line of text based on what characters are at the beginning of a
> line.

Actually, I have to take that back. I checked, and window-eyes does in
fact have this ability. I have not done mail under windows for over
14 years, and this feature wasn't available back then as far as I know. The
other screen readers I use today on a daily basis are speakup,
nonvisual desktop access, and talkback. As far as I know, none of
those have this feature, so that's one out of four if I'm correct. I
haven't looked into the other screen readers out there besides
those. Some of the other ones may have this feature as well. So, you
are right, there is at least one screen reader which has this feature,
and I stand corrected. I do believe my observations about the majority
of blindness specific mailing lists are still valid, based on my
experience from those lists.

Greg

web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1