:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Author: Mitt Green
To: dev1fanboy
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
Sid/Unstable/Ceres is working too, but one has to pin gvfs (libs etc.),
libpulse0 (and libpulse-mainloop-glib0) and rpcbind (from today; not sure
about this one. For example, they removed libsystemd0 dependency from procps).
I'd upgraded from Wheezy
and have gvfs and udev from Wheezy (I also have udev pinned, but it seems
unnecessary).

I can only advise pinning packages that require libsystemd0; original
package maintainers seem to play with it, adding and removing dependency.
But I also have libsystemd0 file in /etc/apt/preferences.d containing:

--------------------

Package: libsystemd0
Pin: origin ""
Pin-Priority: -1

which prevents its installation and thus upgrading packages that require it.

The whole list of packages that I prevent from installing is systemd-sysv
(it's from devuan-baseconf), systemd and libsystemd0.

I am using Xfce, which doesn't pull any systemd dependency as KDE, GNOME,
Cinnamon and maybe even MATE do.

Cheers,

Mitt