:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Author: Sam
To: Jaromil, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
On 07/11/15 20:49, Jaromil wrote:
> Dear Sam,
>
> On November 7, 2015 7:07:22 AM GMT+01:00, Sam
>> Thanks again, but I fear that when folks on the other side of the world
>> wake up and read about these exploits, I'll be given a stern dressing
>> down for brazenly and recklessly mucking-up the stable/testing/unstable
>> canon...
>
> such an attitude will find no place in this
> camp, for we are all here in mutual respect
> of the many different things we like to do
> with our computers, not to be told what
>
> Thanks for sharing your adventures
>
> indeed the kernel is still Debian's
> we have no plans nor need to substitute
> that with our own build ATM
>
> but won't be a problem if needed
> (For instance removing kdbus)
>
> Ciao

Hello Jaromil

I'll keep messing around with it all to see what works and what breaks,
and I'll let you know what I've found. It's not much of a contribution,
I suppose, in particular with respect to the sterling efforts and
high-minded goals of the devuan project, but it's as much as someone
with the meagre capabilities as I possess can offer to your excellent
endeavour.

Sam