:: Re: [DNG] Office pack
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] Office pack
Subject: Re: [DNG] Office pack
On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 05:16:20PM +0100, Stefan Mark wrote:
> On 02.11.2015 16:50, Mitt Green wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm in search for an office pack. Considering Gnumeric as a decent spreadsheet
> > application (even better than LibreOffice's one?), I can't be sure about word
> > processor, speaking of numerous AbiWord issues.
> >
> > LibreOffice has too many dependencies, as well as AbiWord, while I'd like
> > to remain minimalistic.

I'm undoubtedly biased, but I have come to find plain LaTeX easier than
a word processor. My wife, a computer newbie, has a Mac laptop that came
with a word processor (Page, I think), and she was struggling with it. I
set her up with LaTeX, and life became easier for her, using a simple
template. Some people (but not I) might recommend LyX as a compromise.