:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
Le 07/11/2015 11:02, dev1fanboy@??? a écrit :
> All that info is right as far as I can tell.
>
> gcc versions from /proc/version are labelled as debian for me too.

     The kernel remembers who has compiled it, when, and where. If you
compile it yourself you'll be pleased to see your username in
/proc/version. You can also add some tag to the kernel version It is
also possible to add some tag to the version of gcc if you compile it
yourself, and it will appear when you invoke 'gcc --version'.

     As long as Devuan keeps Debian packages for kernel and gcc, you're
going to see that they have been compiled by Debian devs. And Devuan,
for the moment only modifies packages which need to, in order to get rid
of systemd dependency. This does not involve gcc, and not yet the kernel.

     Didier