:: Re: [DNG] Is Jude Nelson OK?
Author: Jonathan Wilkes
To: Rainer Weikusat, dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Is Jude Nelson OK?
Hi Steve,Is it possible to thank Jude for his work without packing him into a cannon and
firing him at Debian?

Besides, if the game is to weaponize software development I suspect you
already know who the winner will be.  (Hint: it doesn't start or end with a "d").

Thanks,
Jonathan

     On Friday, October 30, 2015 10:35 AM, Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:

Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:
> Jude Nelson <judecn@???> wrote:
>
>> I'm alive, barely.  Not only am I working on my thesis, but also I
>> work at a start-up based on my thesis's technology, and I've had to
>> spend the past few weeks preparing for a conference at which I'm
>> presenting this week.
>
> THIS is the kind of person we have on *our* team!
>
> Next time a Debianista claims we can't succeed because they have all
> the talent, be merciful and try not to laugh as you show them Jude's
> email.
>
> And of course, Jude isn't the only one. When Debian split, they got
> more people: We got more brains.

A lot of people who casually damage features they'd like to go away (eg,
"X won't work anymore unless you're running systemd --- to bad, ain't
it? But that's good for 'security' and if you really don't want the
sensible defaults, here's what you can do ...") can easily cause a lot
of work without needing much talent for that (unless that's supposed to
refer to the PR talent necessary to convince the unaffected majority
that all is well and - surely never - will they end up being
inconvenienced themselves[*]).

[*] IMHO, that's remarkably illogical: If XXX is prepared to do YYY to
some people, he'll eventually do it to all people given enough time.