:: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treati…
Author: Neo Futur
To: Roger Leigh
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treatise of systemd
> A couple days back, I was playing with Trinity on a PCLinuxOS live CD.
> Starting the applications **from the CD** was faster than doing the same
> from a KDE4 desktop *from an SSD*. At the time, I recall GNOME2 and KDE3
> being slower than their earlier incarnations, but the sheer bloat and
> inefficiency of the current forms of all these desktops is incredible. In
> Trinity, I was shocked that I could click on System->Konsole and get a
> terminal... not in a second or two, or even half a second, but right there
> and then.

confirmed ! and theres another important point usability and
intuitivity, I very often install linux to new users who never used
linux before, everytime i installed them a kde4, they were completely
lost at first, then tried to customize it their way and broke it all,
then I put kde3/trinity and they re happy and never need me again ;)