:: Re: [DNG] Printing
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
CC: dng
Nouveaux-sujets: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now a permissions problem
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Printing
On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 09:47:02PM +0200, Riccardo Boninsegna wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
> > I installed lpr, and it did take a lot of cups off. Do I really need cups?
>
> Nope, especially with a Brother that's very LPR-friendly!
> As you found out, cups-bsd is just a port of LPR programs to CUPS.
>
> > But I still don't know how to specify my network printer.
>
> I'm not familiar at all with LPR, but I know a printcap entry for the
> printer is created (if it's currently connected via USB) by the
> driver's postinst somewhere under /opt/Brother; according to the
> printcap manpage, you'd have to edit the "lp" option -- the
> description says "local printer device, or port@host for remote"!

Presumeably that would be port 515 at whatever the IP number for the
printer is. Will try that wen I'm home near the priniter again.

And what's there in the way of termcap is a shell script
/opt/brother/Printers/hl3170cdw/inf/setupPrintcapij that creates a
termcap. I hope it will get executed at the right time. At bootup,
perhaps?

I'll see when I'm home again.

-- hendrik