:: Re: [DNG] Printing
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Printing
On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 07:36:35PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 05/10/15 19:28, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> >>I think you will find it is from the 'lpr' package
> >Which I do not have installed. Nor lprng. Instead, I have cups-bsd.
> >Each of them privides its own /usr/bin/lpr file.
> >
> >Online I'm told the way to specify my printer is to use the -S option on
> >lpr and give it an IP number, but the man page for lpr does not have
> >that option. Presumably cups-bsd, which is what I have installed, does
> >not have that option. So presumably it's time to uninstall cups and all
> >its relativees and relations and install lpr.
> >
> >Then see if this is the right /usr/bin/lpr.
> >
> >-- hendrik
> >

> It isn't and installing lpr will take a lot of cups off.

I installed lpr, and it did take a lot of cups off. Do I really need
cups? But I still don't know how to specify my network printer.

It does lookk as if some configuration will be required.

And yes, I checked to specs online, and it does support the "LPR/LPD"
network protocol in both IPv4 and IPv6. I'm using IPv4.

-- hendrik