:: Re: [DNG] Printing
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Riccardo Boninsegna
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Printing
On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
> I installed lpr, and it did take a lot of cups off. Do I really need cups?

Nope, especially with a Brother that's very LPR-friendly!
As you found out, cups-bsd is just a port of LPR programs to CUPS.

> But I still don't know how to specify my network printer.

I'm not familiar at all with LPR, but I know a printcap entry for the
printer is created (if it's currently connected via USB) by the
driver's postinst somewhere under /opt/Brother; according to the
printcap manpage, you'd have to edit the "lp" option -- the
description says "local printer device, or port@host for remote"!