:: Re: [DNG] [announce] s6-rc, a s6-b…
Author: KatolaZ
To: Simon Hobson
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] [announce] Nostalgia (Was: s6-rc, a s6-based service manager for Unix systems)
Subject: Re: [DNG] [announce] s6-rc, a s6-based service manager for Unix systems
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 08:05:42AM +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:

[cut]

> But, if you are going to boot slowly and methodically, it helps if there's signs of progress. There's nothing that gets people impatient better than something that appears to be taking a long time "doing nothing" !

Agree! That's why I would warmly suggest mobile devices producers to
include a pluggable nixie-tubes display like this:

http://ad7zj.net/kd7lmo/images/ground_nixie_front.jpg

showing a count-down during boot! I believe that would be a nice form
of visual feedback to the users, and given the current size of
"mobile" devices, I am sure the users wouldn't mind carrying an
additional half a kilogram for having such a nice feature ;)

HND

Enzo

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]