:: Re: [unSYSTEM] John McAfee and the …
Author: Jaromil
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] John McAfee and the cyber party - Is not voting still more meaningful? probably
On Wed, 16 Sep 2015, Amir Taaki wrote:

> We need a radical people's movement, and any election platform should be
> a slave to this movement guided by it's radical policies focusing on
> local elections geared towards establishing autonomy village by village,
> town by town, city by city. This is the program of Bookchin from
> "Libertarian Municipalism: An Overview". This is the strategy used by
> Kurds in South-East Turkey now where the PKK practically controls the
> municipalities of the main cities there. Elections are not a goal in
> itself, nor should we focus on any "right policies" except devolution of
> power to a confederalist system aiming for eventual self-determination
> and autonomy of all peoples.

I totally agree with this: decentralization and autonomy.

This is the future of federalism. It has been already pioneered in the
USA on a state level long time ago, the challenge now is to make it on
the city scale, then town, then village. This will solve many problems.

Its outstanding to have a growing example at hand with Rojava. The
challenge, I think, is to put agreements and understandings in place to
avoid isolationism, which is the steep slope behind the corner. In
Italy, for instance, a federalist turn would really help, but this
narrative is all in the hands of isolationists and xenophobes which are
basically polluting the solution with some very cheap populism.

ciao