著者: KatolaZ
To: Rob Owens
CC: dng
新しいトピック: [DNG] upgrade wheezy to devuan jessie instead of ceres
題目: Re: [DNG] upgrade wheezy to ceres -- warnings, errors, and oddities
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 02:26:10PM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:

[cut]

> Another 'apt-get update' still produces the 'ignoring provides line' warnings.
>
> 'apt-get upgrade' tells me that systemd and systemd-sysv are going to be installed. Additionally, for some reason samba is going to be installed (nothing against samba, but I don't need it on this system). Various qemu packages are also going to be installed for some reason.
>
> If somebody wants to try fixing these issues, I can re-test.

Hi Rob,

I don't know if it is related, and maybe my comment is just silly, but
in order to upgrade from Wheezy I believe you should give an "apt-get
dist-upgrade" and not a simple "apt-get upgrade".

Sorry if the comment is too stupid or irrelevant, but this little
detail might make a difference. Also, I don't know if direct upgrading
from Wheezy to Ceres (which is equivalent to an upgrade from an
"old-stable" to an "unstable", in Debian words) is actually supported,
but Devuan developers will certainly be able to clarify this point
better.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]