著者: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
古いトピック: Re: [DNG] upgrade wheezy to ceres -- warnings, errors, and oddities
題目: [DNG] upgrade wheezy to devuan jessie instead of ceres
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 07:35:34PM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 02:26:10PM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > Another 'apt-get update' still produces the 'ignoring provides line' warnings.
> >
> > 'apt-get upgrade' tells me that systemd and systemd-sysv are going to be installed. Additionally, for some reason samba is going to be installed (nothing against samba, but I don't need it on this system). Various qemu packages are also going to be installed for some reason.
> >
> > If somebody wants to try fixing these issues, I can re-test.
> >

> Hi Rob,
>
> I don't know if it is related, and maybe my comment is just silly, but
> in order to upgrade from Wheezy I believe you should give an "apt-get
> dist-upgrade" and not a simple "apt-get upgrade".
>
> Sorry if the comment is too stupid or irrelevant, but this little
> detail might make a difference. Also, I don't know if direct upgrading
> from Wheezy to Ceres (which is equivalent to an upgrade from an
> "old-stable" to an "unstable", in Debian words) is actually supported,
> but Devuan developers will certainly be able to clarify this point
> better.

I'm wondering whether things are ready to upgrade my server to devuan
jessie. I'll take the usual precautions to be able to back out if it
doesn't work, (i.e. doing the upgrade on a copy of the working
system) but ... would it be worth the effort at present, or would I just
be wasting my time?

And wasting everyone else's time, reporting on problems you all know
about already?

-- hendrik