著者: Rob Owens
To: dng
題目: [DNG] upgrade wheezy to ceres -- warnings, errors, and oddities
If there's a better place to report this, let me know.

On a fully updated Wheezy system, I installed debuan-baseconf-0.6.4+devuan3_all.deb. That sets up the Devuan repositories and then puts some instructions on the screen. When you select OK, those instructions disappear. It would be nice if they remained on the screen.

Anyway, I removed the Debian sources and then ran 'apt-get update'. I got normal output plus several lines like 'ignoring provides line with depcompareop for package php-psr-http-message-implementation'. 'apt-get update' did not correct this, as the on-screen messages suggested it might.

I then ran 'apt-get upgrade' and after some upgrades it stopped with errors about 'bsdmainutils is not configured yet'. 'apt-get install bsdmainutils' got me past that, but that's something that probably should be addressed.

Another 'apt-get update' still produces the 'ignoring provides line' warnings.

'apt-get upgrade' tells me that systemd and systemd-sysv are going to be installed. Additionally, for some reason samba is going to be installed (nothing against samba, but I don't need it on this system). Various qemu packages are also going to be installed for some reason.

If somebody wants to try fixing these issues, I can re-test.

-Rob