:: Re: [unSYSTEM] We have crypto. Now …
Author: Amir Taaki
To: unsystem
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] We have crypto. Now what? Was: Charged over encryption software
There is plenty meaningful to say. Have you been following what is
happening in Rojava?

What are your views on it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojava

Click the link under government labelled 'Democratic Confederalism'.

About the guns, can I give another example?

Are you following what's happening in Bitcoin, more specifically:

http://shitco.in/2015/08/19/the-bitcoin-xt-trojan

So you see early in Bitcoin there was a split between
crypto-crypto-anarchists and crypto-anarchists.
The crypto-crypto-anarchists or pseudo-anarchists saw themselves as the
dark knights of Bitcoin, serving the man during the day, learning how
the system works within, to tear it down during the night.
Unfortunately this was a self induced collective delusion to justify the
cognitive dissonance they were living.

They told us to keep our heads low and avoid subversive talk for it
could damage Bitcoin's reputation and scare away big business and banks.
Because we need their money in Bitcoin.

But their was no general vision about the consequence or influence of
this culture on Bitcoin. Bitcoin was the unstoppable whole or the 'honey
badger'.

Put in other words, they welcomed the co-option of Bitcoin because they
believe The Means Justify The Ends. I don't subscribe to such a belief
because of communist history.

Funny in human history this argument repeats itself, and what manifests
is always a more sinister element (people like Mike Hearn). For anyone
who wants a deeper understanding, read Homage to Catalonia by Orwell
(it's all over the net in every major language) about when he went to
fight in the Spanish civil war. It started as a worker's revolution with
the worker's militias running the area under an anarchist trade-unionist
government, but the communists (supported by Stalin who wanted to
protect England and France's interests to keep them friendly to the
USSR) sided with the social democrats saying first the war, then the
revolution.

Slowly they climbed to power, carving off rival groups under they
managed to take over the police, and invade the cities with their armies
purging their enemies while their armies were on the front fighting the
actual war against the fascists. They also reversed the effects of the
revolution - why? Because they must hold the power. Because they know
what's best, and the means justify the ends.

So this is the argument for 3D printing, a technology which is being
co-opted by Silicon Valley and being deprived of radical uses.

And plastic guns are incredibly subversive. Have you thought about this?

- Anybody can smuggle these disassembled onto planes without getting caught.

- Custom designs can be attached to drones to shoot at people.

- Imagine handing 100 of these out at a riot.

This is only a few ideas off the top of my head. I really have no desire
to let this knowledge though flow into the wider domain. But yeah...
it's only a matter of time before terrorists start using explosive
drones flown from the middle east.

Here's an Islamic State drone that was recently shot down by Peshmerga:

http://postimg.org/image/hvozq9qh1/

For anyone that knows about drones, that's a long range model capable of
a few hours flight. Other similar models can be build carrying a few Kg,
and quads can even carry up to 40 Kg. Now with the many refugees going
to Europe, it is a fact that many of them are IS members which will be
establishing cells throughout Europe.

Here's a good text to read by Murray Bookchin, on whose ideas the
revolution in Rojava is based. It describes going from a state system in
steps towards a decentralised society with self governance. Unlike
communism, it doesn't propose temporarily going in one direction to read
another.

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/murray-bookchin-libertarian-municipalism-an-overview

Arturo Filastò: