:: Re: [unSYSTEM] TeaMp0isoN member ki…
Author: odinn
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] TeaMp0isoN member killed in Syrian drone strike
"In the service, the words sliding off of one's tongue at a whisper
are nothing less than the execution of death warrants carried out
across the globe; when plastered upon a page, they are a primal scream
demanding that violence be meted out, and the orders are answered."

Caleb James DeLisle:
> Hi Odinn,
>
> Sorry for not getting back sooner. I have to agree with you that
> there is a batshit-crazy contingent within the US military
> establishment, however I would urge that they should be judged by
> what they do more than by what they say. Not to appologize for
> anyone but just because much of that they say is either kicking up
> a smokescreen, pandering to some extremist voting demographic
> inside of the US or possibly both.
>
> Interesting somewhat related quote from John Perry Barlow on Dick
> Cheney: "But he is a careful listener and not at all the ideologue
> he appears at this distance." [1]
>
> I respect your opinion on anonymity as I recognize you've put
> significant thought into it but I still feel that somehow anonymity
> is a compromize. A truce with oppression and intollerance, and as
> long as there is still legitimate reason to hide one's identity,
> there is still work to be done.
>

> PS. Quinn just talked me into pledging some money for Lessig
> https://medium.com/@quinnnorton/my-plan-and-why-you-don-t-want-it-b6bc

af0403f2

> If he doesn't get 1mn by labor day (looks like he won't) then it's
> free license to be smug.
>

> [1]:
> http://vinay.howtolivewiki.com/blog/other/on-the-practical-exercise-of

- -power-or-why-the-old-white-dudes-keep-winning-2598

> On 01/09/15 09:58, odinn wrote: Recent news article which I saw
> today, which (sadly) not just lends credence to the arguments I
> made, but also suggests that the position of the US military is now
> to target legal scholars or critics of the USA's legal system "even
> if it means great destruction, innumerable enemy casualties, and
> civilian collateral damage."
>
> http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/29/west-point-professor-ta

rg

et-legal-critics-war-on-terror

> Which is to say, that there are certainly people in the US
> military who would target us for making these critiques on this
> list.
>
> Curiously, the military is disavowing him, stating that he was
> “never an NDU employee nor an NDU professor.” Yet they went ahead
> and published his fascist rant in the National Security Law Journal
> and then published a halfhearted apology for having published it:
> https://www.nslj.org/a-message-to-our-readers/
>
> Note how the military author (William Bradford) plays to certain
> racist or nationalist sympathies by suggesting that “Islamic holy
> sites” and “law school facilities, scholars’ home offices and
> media outlets where they give interviews” – all civilian areas, but
> places where a “causal connection between the content disseminated
> and Islamist crimes incited” should be targeted and blown to
> smithereens. His hope, apparently, is that any possible public
> unease over this enthusiastic expression of hatred would be quelled
> merely by the implication that those who are on the receiving end
> are, you know, 'just Islamic,' and so not as deserving of
> consideration and compassion as other people (whoever it is that he
> might actually love, if indeed he remains capable of that).
>
> Another thing to observe here is that it is apparently his intent
> that we believe that this belligerent and violent attitude is
> being directed at Muslims. Yet clearly he is using this as a mask,
> hoping that his ideas (of targeting and killing legal scholars or
> critics of the US legal system abroad) will gain favor, so that
> they can also be applied more broadly to anyone inside or outside
> US borders. This broader goal of killing as many people as
> possible (whenever they criticize the United States), certainly
> regardless of their background, is obviously an ultimate objective
> of an increasing number of the reactionary and fascist members of
> the militarized corporation-state.
>
> The real terrorists are such people within the US military who are
> applying these ideas; the institutions such as the US military and
> the ISIS groups essentially function as terrorist organizations.
> When we give our resources to them either voluntarily or because of
> a coercive system (e.g. taxation) then we are enabling and
> empowering them.
>

> "Rather than solely creating a(...) “culture of giving,” we should
> be challenging capitalism’s institutionalized taking." - Mathew
> Snow
>

> Decentralized, voluntary systems to facilitate altruism are good
> alternatives to today's society~ but society's "taking" must be
> challenged.
>
> Anonymity will be, by necessity, a component of any viable
> decentralized, distributed, and peer to peer system enabling
> altruistic spending.
>

> Caleb James DeLisle:

In a long post here (dated Sept. 8, 2014), I have argued that at

eng

e-

> killing-three-us-citizens?redirect=targetedkillings

e/r

epo