:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” c…
Author: John Crisp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
On 30/08/15 09:26, Steve Litt wrote:

> You know why, Nate. You were on Debian-User in the bad old days. Back
> in the day, how many times did I get called a conspiracy theorist for
> answering that question.
>
> Three words:
>
> 1. Follow
> 2. the
> 3. money.

So true, so true.

I personally don't believe for one moment that systemd was an accident.
It was a well planned and well executed program (unlike systemd itself
!) to enable RH to control 'Linux'. A silent coup if you like.

If RH couldn’t buy Linus to control development then they had to build
around the issue. They've done an extremely good job. Unfortunately.

RH new devs would leap in and argue the technical merits (as opposed to
the political ones) whilst their media/propaganda department got on with
selling it as a great idea.

They were completely outflanked and out manoeuvred by a large
corporation with a big budget and their own (shareholders) interests at
heart.

My 10c FWIW.