:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” c…
Author: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
* On 2015 30 Aug 02:27 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> You know why, Nate. You were on Debian-User in the bad old days. Back
> in the day, how many times did I get called a conspiracy theorist for
> answering that question.
>
> Three words:
>
> 1. Follow
> 2. the
> 3. money.

Sigh, yes, I know. I'm still subscribed to the list and, sadly,
legitimate concerns are labeled as "trolls". Such behavior tells me
that there are some very deep misgivings about the technical superiority
of systemd. People having legitimate concerns over the new systemd/udev
enforced network interface naming convention (which seems to happen only
on a new install of Stretch at this point) were summarily dismissed. It
still baffles me why "eth0" is no longer "good enough". Anyone
expressing doubt over the new direction seems dismissed as a troll even
when questioning in good faith.

What no one has made clear in this thread, nor in the one on D-U is will
this new systemd functionality require the removal of su or the login
package from the repository?

- Nate