:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” c…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: KatolaZ
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tobias Hunger
Kopio: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 10:04:13AM +0200, Tobias Hunger wrote:

[cut]

> Which concrete problems did you, Jude and whoever solve recently?

I know this is hard to believe for you, but all those efforts are
intended to avoid a bloated software, whose conception has nothing to
do with the most basic unix principles, whose development proceeds
though an avalanche of "won't fix", whose aims have nothing to do with
a general-purpose solution to some of the problems of "old" init
systems.

Whatever you can say, whichever fantastic feature your beloved monster
has to offer, and whatever compelling argument you might find to
support it, systemd will remain a misconceived, badly developed,
bloated piece of software. There is really nothing you can do about
that. Any attempt to argument with us, the cavemen, is futile. Cavemen
understand only stone, wood and fire.

Go conquer the world with your shiny spacecraft.

> What is your (meant collectively here) proposal to manage cgroups
> consistently? That is the one core feature of systemd that make other
> software depend on systemd-PID1 - directly or indirectly via other services.
>
> Please blog as much as you can so that developers can find out about what
> you are doing. Posting here won't get your message across I think.

I know this other piece is hard to understand for you as well, but
technical solutions are not "discussed on blogs" but implemented,
tested, adopted, debugged and improved over time. Discussions,
explanations, diagrams, and blog posts, which seem to be so loved and
appreciated in the systemd camp, are necessary only when the quality
and clarity of a technical solution does not speak for itself. The
code tells much more than we humans can. If code needs an explanation,
there is something wrong with it.

Go conquer the world. Please leave us playing in peace with our
beloved fire, wood, and stones.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]