:: Re: [Squatconf] Squatconf 2016 ?
Author: squatconf
To: Lars-Magnus Skog, tigrutigru
CC: webmind, hello, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮, gabriella.coleman, y, ioptio, admin, realitygaps, Vesna Manojlovic, k, squatconf
Subject: Re: [Squatconf] Squatconf 2016 ?
Adding Jan to the exchange and also cc'd in the mailing list.
Everyone who is interested in following the conversation should
register here so we can stop the awkward CC and reply-to-all
process.

Re fundraising:
Obviously since this is *squat* conf we cannot reasonably either
accept a (public) sponsor or charge for tickets. The squat people
at the venue might want to get some money for the venue but we need
to discuss with them first. If they don't demand payment, we should
give them some kind of gift when leaving which might also cost some
money. Beyond that I don't forsee any significant costs which cannot
be engineered around.
For collecting funds I'd prefer passing a hat around quietly than
having a public fundraiser or selling tickets.

Thanks,
Caleb

--
Satire is the escape hatch from the cycle of sorrow, hatred and violence. #JeSuisCharlie