:: Re: [DNG] Mirroring Devuan
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mirroring Devuan
Wyatt:
> Is there an up to date list of current mirrors,

Don't know.

> and instructions on how to become a mirror anywhere?
> There's a forum post about it, but the links lead to empty pages on the git wiki.

Mirroring debian was/is easy, in the old time you used the perl script
mirror, and later on, rsync via the shell script anonftpsync.

Mirroing devuan seems to be more complex, if you look below
"Continuous Integration for Devuan" at:

https://devuan.org/

there is a program amprolla that handles the mix of ftp.*.debian.org
and the devuan packages. You can find amprolla here:

https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/amprolla

from the README.md:

amprolla is a rude script that generates rewrite rules for nginx that then try to merge
the Devuan repository files ( like InRelease, Packages, Sources and so on ) with
other external repositories ( namely, the Debian one ) in order to provide a full
repository where Devuan packages have precedence over other repos.

This allows Devuan to have a fully "meta distro" where missing Devuan packages
come from Debian and/or other repositories
(like, for example, the deb-multimedia.org from Marillat) without the need
to create a fully merged repository.

It works by downloading and merging files to create the dists/ directory
structure for Devuan and then creating a pool of HTTP 302 redirects to
the external repositories hosts for packages download.

So setting up a devuan mirror involves amprolla (python), ngix, and I
assume apache. You can not just copy the files and point boa the the
directory.

I suggest you clone the amprolla repo and study the files there, and
look at packages.devuan.org with a ftp client to see the file structure:

$ lftp packages.devuan.org
lftp packages.devuan.org:~> ls
drwxr-xr-x    2 0        0            4096 Jun 02 09:29 alpha-iso-cd
drwxr-sr-x    5 107      112          4096 Jun 16 00:15 devuan
drwxr-xr-x    2 0        0            4096 Mar 18 18:56 merged
lftp packages.devuan.org:/> ls merged/
lftp packages.devuan.org:/> ls devuan/
drwxr-sr-x   12 107      112          4096 Mar 03 13:52 dists
drwxr-sr-x    2 107      112          4096 Jul 12 03:46 indices
drwxr-sr-x    3 107      112          4096 Dec 05  2014 pool
lftp packages.devuan.org:/> ls alpha-iso-cd/
-rw-r--r--    1 1004     0             276 Jun 02 09:29 README.txt
-rw-r--r--    1 1004     0        28311552 Jun 01 13:04 devuan-jessie-netboot-i386-alpha2.iso
-rw-r--r--    1 1004     0              72 Jun 02 09:22 devuan-jessie-netboot-i386-alpha2.iso.md5sum
-rw-r--r--    1 1004     0              80 Jun 02 09:22 devuan-jessie-netboot-i386-alpha2.iso.sha1sum
$

Mirroring packages.devuan.org through ftp seems easy enough, but one
would probably need help setting up amprolla.

///

On a related note, how do I get a local mirror of devuan (a local
mirror is good to have when you are usually in bad connected places
or you are doing lots of installations/testing) ?

Mirroring ftp://packages.devuan.org/devuan/ and having a sources.conf
like:

deb    file:/Net/debian jessie main non-free contrib
deb    file:/Net/ftp/packages.devuan.org/devuan/ stable main

doesn't seem to work. What am I missing ?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148