:: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB…
Author: kpb
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB sticks
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 16:26:22 -0400 (EDT)
Rob Owens <rowens@???> wrote:

> Before I stopped using Jessie, I had USB mounting working
> with the spacefm file manager and either udevil or pmount to
> handle the removable devices. Let me know if anybody wants
> instruction on that.
>
> -Rob

Hello Rob

I'd appreciate an outline of the way you got pmount to talk to your file manager if you have your notes written up already and it is not too onerous.

My 'hobby' project is at

http://sohcahtoa.org.uk/osd.html

and being able to add *GUI initiated* mount/unmount (say by clicking on a volume name in the file manager) would be a real advance over pmount in a terminal window.

I recollect that SpaceFM also comes with an image viewer and other additional programs so might be a good choice for a light system.

Everyone: On the general subject of mounting there is the xfce4-mount-plugin package that I recollect using on an OpenBSD install before I turned to the toad daemon with all the dbus gubbins on that platform. I could use it to mount/unmount sticks I recollect but it was very abrupt (little confirmation of actions and no back out).

Thanks
--
keithpeter