:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Svante Signell
A: Micky Del Favero
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
On Wed, 2015-07-15 at 21:04 +0200, Micky Del Favero wrote:
> Svante Signell <svante.signell@???> writes:
>
> > Please don't exchange nano for vim. If you install vim as default you
> > should also install emaacs-nox for those not comfortable with
> > vim. nano is a simple editor good enough to edit e.g. configuration
> > files and to enable installation of vim/emacs/whatever if needed.
>
> I always use emacs, but I also think it's too big to fit in default
> installation and i don't ask to install emacs-nox, as every emacs user
> I know the magic ESC :q! combination to quit vi :-)
>
> I vote to put vi as default editor in devuan because vi is the default
> editor in every unix since ever and every unix user has to know how to
> use vi!

nano is small and useful enough for all (newbies and experienced) to use
for simple editing! And it has an online help. For experienced people
they know how to install and make vi*/emacs*/whatever the default editor
and to change $EDITOR. (I'm a long time *nix user/contributor and have
never become comfortable with vi*, even after several tries. Which
editor you like is personal, like the food you eat, e.g. vegetarian or
meat or ...)