:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Le 15/07/2015 21:04, Micky Del Favero a écrit :
> I vote to put vi as default editor in devuan because vi is the default
> editor in every unix since ever and every unix user has to know how to
> use vi!

     Micky,

     First the argument that we should do this because it has always
been like that is "not acceptable" - I don't want to use stronger words.

     Secondly you have noticed that at least half the readers of this
list do not know how to use vi and you pretend to force them! Are you
trying to start a vi/emacs war?

Le 15/07/2015 18:56, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
>    Let's not force any editor with a steep learning curve
> on the beginner.  Is there another editor as easy to*start*  using as nano?

     This is the most sensible argument expressed up to now on the subject.

     Didier