:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Author: Go Linux
To: dng, Klaus Ethgen
Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
On Wed, 7/15/15, Klaus Ethgen <Klaus+dyne@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 11:02 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED
MESSAGE-----

Am Mi den 15. Jul 2015 um
16:27 schrieb John Crisp:
> On 15/07/15 17:14, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
>
> . . . debian or devuan is
> not focusing on beginners and even devuan is focusing on "veteran unix
> admins" so vi(m) would be the only proper choice. :-D

I am not a beginner neither am I a 'veteran unix admin' so neither fish nor fowl.

My reasons for using Linux are technical of course - it's a better OS than the proprietary alternatives. But they are more political than anything else - fighting the corporate stranglehold that corporations have on all aspects of our lives. After over 10 years, Linux is still a challenge when I leave my comfort zone. Have mercy on the likes of me, please.

Maybe what Devuan needs is a 'sys admin' version (perhaps w/o a DE) and an 'ordinary user' version (with xfce and less complicated tools than vi as default).

golinux