:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: Franco Lanza, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
On 15/07/15 12:59, Franco Lanza wrote:
> More than the already know switch from gnome to xcfe4 as the default
> desktop and the obvious change to sysvinit instead of systemd, i would
> to propose some other default changes in the standard install:
>
> nano -> vim:

No definitely not - Vim is huge in comparison and has a really
non-intuitive operating mode for those unfamiliar with it, (and I'm
saying that as a keen vim user).

I do think that a separate task for cli-tools could include vim and it's
common plugins like exuberant-ctags and vim-scripts should be added. I
also would love for full blown vim to default to turning on all the
installed features rather then defaulting to original vi-mode.

> exim -> postfix

I'd agree to changing default mta, but something like ssmtp is a better
default option for all use cases except where setting up a mail server,
in which case the person doing the install should know how to change it.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.