著者: KatolaZ
To: James Powell
CC: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 11:01:15AM -0700, James Powell wrote:

[cut]

> 3. Systemd requires udev to be viable, but udev and GNU/Linux do not need systemd to be viable. If we can effectively, and fully, replace udev and break the stranglehold it has had over systems for so long, systemd and kdbus become completely irrelevant. Udev is like a spine, and if it can be broken, the entirety of systemd will be broken as well. Vdev is not just the answer for Devuan but all systems that want to remain autonomous from the systemd dependency.

Agreed. And that's exactly why the work on vdev is so fundamentally
important, whatever the actual number fo distributions which will use,
make available or even consider vdev as an option.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]