To: Steve Litt, dng
題目: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
I don't care about the context of the formatting, as my mobile can receive any type of email and I never use a client on my computer other than a web browser, but I do care for the message itself and it's content.

But I'll revamp what my points were:

1. GNU is an operating system, and Linux is a kernel and small collection of kernel tools to use the kernel with the GNU OS. Linux is not GNU, and GNU is not Linux, or tied to any specific kernel.

2. We don't need svchost be replicated on GNU/Linux. We don't need a GNU/Linux OS with ridiculous system requirements.

3. Systemd requires udev to be viable, but udev and GNU/Linux do not need systemd to be viable. If we can effectively, and fully, replace udev and break the stranglehold it has had over systems for so long, systemd and kdbus become completely irrelevant. Udev is like a spine, and if it can be broken, the entirety of systemd will be broken as well. Vdev is not just the answer for Devuan but all systems that want to remain autonomous from the systemd dependency.
________________________________
From: Steve Litt<mailto:slitt@troubleshooters.com>
Sent: ‎7/‎9/‎2015 10:40 AM
To: dng@???<mailto:dng@lists.dyne.org>
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer

On Thu, 9 Jul 2015 12:21:51 +0100
Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@???> wrote:

> katolaz@??? writes:
> > And as a caveman, I would also very much appreciate a sensible
> > quoting, even if it seems that this little thing has become too
> > harsh to ask and too hard to obtain in the last few years...
>
> AOL. How about filtering away all mail whose subject already contains
> [DNG] but has no References field?
>
> Arnt

And, wait for it, wait for it, /dev/null any message whose subject
starts with "[DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 10". Seriously, there's a special
place in hell for those guys.

I also agree with The Caveman and would phrase it a little differently:
We're all in this to bestow and gain information. To the extent that our
communications are unambiguous, we will be efficient in bestowing and
gaining information.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21