:: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experienc…
Author: Jonathan Wilkes
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experience with Devuan Alpha2)
On 07/02/2015 07:17 AM, Jaromil wrote:
> dear Klaus,
>
> On Thu, 02 Jul 2015, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
>
>> So I am interested in the strategy, devuan will go here.
> 1st of all, here you can see some preliminary work I've done months ago
> to save certain packages, sanitize Debian configurations and recuperate
> the FFMpeg binary https://git.devuan.org/groups/pkgs-multimedia this was
> the very minimum I needed to fix for my own projects and have never
> managed to do due to sub-optimal interaction with the debian-multimedia
> initiative.
>
> I believe that for studio production use the best solution right now is
> Jack1, which to me seems utterly broken in Debian due to chaos with the
> transition to Jack2 and to lack of a GUI to control the latter (the
> packages QJackCtl only works with version 1). I choose to revert to 1
> because I need something that works *now*, not wait for people to break
> and fix things at their own discretion.
>
> In the future we can find the right time to interact with the fine
> community at linux-audio-* (LAD), done that in the past ending up with
> fine suggestions and insights from well experienced people.

Just email Paul Davis-- the author of Jack-- and ask what would be
the best audio server/backend configuration for a Debian fork that
is _not_ geared toward audio professionals.

Here's the sha256sum of what I predict will be the upshot of his response:
ec70965ad3ea01d604af54738f1248b5c3830f23f3fa7cc125fbc3ebea2ad218

-Jonathan