:: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Eugene Bolshakoff
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan Alpha2
On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 08:45:28PM +0100, Dave Turner wrote:
>    On 01/07/15 15:02, Mitt wrote:

>    Hey, Dave
>    Check out once you have consolekit installed, then create a .xinitrc
>    file in your home folder, write there startxfce4 --with-ck-launch and
>    start your session with xinit command instead of startx.
>    You can also remove systemd-shim as well as libsystemd0 (it has some
>    dependencies, I use gvfs from wheezy).
>    Hope this helps,
>    Mitt
>    Thanks Mitt, systemd-shim is now gone!
>    libsystemd0 wanted to remove far too many packages including my newly
>    installed hydrogen and anything to do with audio so that stays.
>    I read up on consolekit and didn't like the look of it...
>    Roll on Beta1!

Hello All,

My 2 cents about libsystemd0 dependencies.

I installed fresh Devuan alpha from CD image, and trying to remove
libsystemd0, apt-get wants to remove rsyslog (but not udev, udev as a
package doesn't depend libsystemd0).

root@ansuz-9:/etc# apt-get --purge remove libsystemd0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libsystemd0* rsyslog*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 8 not upgraded.

This is base system without X, I'm trying to build server environment.

I cannot understand why rsyslog. Of course, I can install syslog-ng or
other syslog daemon, but systemd dependency for rsyslog isn't clear for
me.

But everything works. When Devuan was installed, I removed "systemd"
package, and have no problems with this.

Thanks a lot for Devuan! Also I'm using Devuan (updated from debian
testing) on my laptop, will write my experience later. Also I think to
try vdev.