:: Re: [Dng] file download zone
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
New-Topics: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was file download zone
Subject: Re: [Dng] file download zone
On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 20:15:13 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> re all,
>
> to avoid dispersion I've hacked together a file download zone which is
> pulling builds from various places and updating a binary file
> repository where people can download the latest ALPHA series
> releases. Also the integration with the new "debakker" tool
> automatically producing Qemu compressed images is on the way. The
> result is visible here:
>
> http://files.devuan.org
>
> This file repository will be kept up to date with latest releases, it
> now comprises of the Alpha2 i386 announced by Daniel aka
> Centurion_Dan, the Alpha2 amd64 built through our CI by Nextime and a
> Qemu image of the latter. Plus some historical traces of previous
> Alpha releases.

This is too cool! Thanks to the ease of grabbing an ISO, I was able to
install Devuan 64 bit net install on a VirtualBox VM. It had several
errors, including some "debootstrap" stuff on nCurses, but I just kept
trying over again until the whole thing got installed. I can now surf
the net with Iceweasel.

Thank you so much for this file repository. It makes it much easier for
me to keep working with Devuan.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key