:: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firm…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firmware for installers

Le 04/06/2015 17:08, KatolaZ a écrit :
> The debian installer does*not* provide non-free firmware but allows
> the user to provide it in a separete medium (e.g.,a USB stick) and the
> installer will ask during installation if the user wants to use that
> firmware.
>
> There is a*separate* netinst CD which includes non-free firmware for
> network adapters, and no more. It is made available, but it is*not*
> the default netinst, and marked as*unofficial*.

     I didn't notice the existence of this unofficial netinst cd. Hope
it will exist for Devuan.

     Actually, if it wasn't hidden in some way, it would be the
practical default, I mean the one chosen by the default educated user.
Everyone prefers to avoid the burden to provide a firmware package in an
usb stick :-)

     Didier