:: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firm…
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firmware for installers

On 03/06/15 10:37, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like a straw poll on whether we should include non-free firmware
> in our installers by default.
>
> It's a deviation from Debians traditional position, but a pragmatic
> one that shows we care about the end users.
>
> Keen for feedback.

Hello Daniel,

Is there any web site where I can cast my vote on? If there was none,
then I cast my vote here.

I prefer that all non-free packages including the firmwares to be
excluded in the default installer. However, it would be great if there
were options to select them during installation process. Otherwise, I
will choose them later after the base installation is completed, which I
usually do.

Cheers,

Anto